The ‘Master of Accountancy in Taxation’ is a specialist degree program in the Department of Accounting & Information Systems of the University of Dhaka. It is designed to meet the growing needs of taxation professionals, tax practitioners and corporate executives to deal with complex taxation issues. The program will impart fundamental knowledge of the major technical, conceptual, and research issues in the area of tax and taxation, and provide training in the practical and procedural aspects of taxation. The program will thus produce a set of relevant and transferable skills for the job market.
- The ‘Master of Accountancy in Taxation’ is a 51 credit-hour program designed for catering into global job markets.
- A flexible curriculum is comprised of 5 foundation courses, 6 core courses, an elective component (5 out of 20 course units) and a master thesis in areas of taxation and public finance.
- Senior faculties bearing Ph.D. and/or professional degrees, NBR officials, corporate lawyers and professional accountants will offer lectures, seminars, and workshops in the program. Classes will be held in the weekends and in the evening of weekdays.
- International faculties from top-ranking global universities will offer intensive course(s) in the program.
- A number of academic exchanges are in progress with professional bodies and foreign universities for credit transfer to respective partnering institutions.
The program is flexibly tailored for taxation professionals, practitioners and those who are planning corporate jobs after graduation. Corporate tax planners, notable including professional accountants, will find the program strongly relevant for their professional development
- A recognized bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) in any disciplime is the basic entry requirement.
- Candidates bearing a third class or CGPA-2.50 in any degree program are not eligible for application.
- Applicants shall be subject to a written test worth 70 points. Previous academic attainment and an interview shall account for 10 points each. Valid work experience (of more than 2 years) is entitled to a maximum 10 points.
- A final list of selected candidates will be published in the notice board of the program office
- Application form, program brochure and other program related details are available from the Program Office, Room#3003, MBA Building, Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, from 10:00AM to 09:00PM. Applicants shall deposit Taka 2,000/= as application processing fee to a specified bank account and attach a copy of the payslip with the application. Bank A/C information: Sonali Bank Limited, Dhaka University Campus Branch; A/C Name: AIS-Master Of Accountancy in Taxation, A/C# 4405702000975. See payslip image.
- MAT Application Form and MAT Program Brochure can also be downloaded from here.
- Last date of application: Saturday, 24 November, 2018.
- Admission Test: 4:00PM, Friday. 30 November 2018.
- For further details, contact us at 01778-674 425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/duaismat2017/.